Re: ACTION-280 completed

On 5 Feb 2009, at 13:28, Ivan Herman wrote:

> Hi Bijan,
>
> Somewhere down the lines you say:
>
> [[[
> Accordingly, the working group has decided not to make the change
> you've
> suggested.
> ]]]
>
> My feeling of yesterday's meeting was that we did not really
> understood
> what Frank is saying

I feel 100% that I understand it :)  We can discuss it further, but
there's no doubt in my mind./

> (although it is 90% sure that he really
> misunderstood). Didn't we say that we would ask him whether this
> explanation is an answer to his issue or whether he was thinking of
> something else?

That's always an option, but is it really necessary? It seems clear
enough to me. If the working group doesn't agree with my
interpretation or certainty, then I guess we'll reject my proposed
text and draft another.

I can send a note to Frank off list asking if my proposed response is
on target (even if he doesn't agree with the response), I suppose.

> Just my 2 cents... (sorry, 2 pence, you are in the UK and 2 pence
> still
> has a _slightly_ higher value than 2 cents:-)

Thanks for reading it and giving feedback. My suggestion is that you
reread the comment and response. If you aren't sufficiently
convinced, then we can ask Frank if we're in the right space.