Re: ACTION-280 completed

Bijan,

let me propose something else. I have a colleague at CWI who also has a
position at the VU so he may know whether this is really the issue. I am
happy to talk to him. How does that sound?

My problem is that this issue seems to be so obviously a syntax one that
I just do not see where a person like Frank would see a problem with it...

Ivan

Bijan Parsia wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2009, at 13:28, Ivan Herman wrote:
>
>> Hi Bijan,
>>
>> Somewhere down the lines you say:
>>
>> [[[
>> Accordingly, the working group has decided not to make the change you've
>> suggested.
>> ]]]
>>
>> My feeling of yesterday's meeting was that we did not really understood
>> what Frank is saying
>
> I feel 100% that I understand it :)  We can discuss it further, but
> there's no doubt in my mind./
>
>> (although it is 90% sure that he really
>> misunderstood). Didn't we say that we would ask him whether this
>> explanation is an answer to his issue or whether he was thinking of
>> something else?
>
> That's always an option, but is it really necessary? It seems clear
> enough to me. If the working group doesn't agree with my interpretation
> or certainty, then I guess we'll reject my proposed text and draft another.
>
> I can send a note to Frank off list asking if my proposed response is on
> target (even if he doesn't agree with the response), I suppose.
>
>> Just my 2 cents... (sorry, 2 pence, you are in the UK and 2 pence still
>> has a _slightly_ higher value than 2 cents:-)
>
> Thanks for reading it and giving feedback. My suggestion is that you
> reread the comment and response. If you aren't sufficiently convinced,
> then we can ask Frank if we're in the right space.
>
> Cheers,
> Bijan.

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153