Re: CR comments

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:08:23 +0100
Cc: W3C OWL Working Group <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
To: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
On 4 Aug 2009, at 11:50, Ian Horrocks wrote:

> I have drafted responses to the comments from Gioele Barabucci[1]
> and Jeff Heflin [2].
>
> Let me know if you are (un)happy with these responses.
>
> Ian
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/LC3_Responses/GB1
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/LC3_Responses/JH1

I wonder if we should add for [2] "arithmetic" operations, that there
are two sorts of ways of adding "built-ins": Data oriented as done by
rules, and modeling oriented as added by n-ary predicates. In the
case of the former, we defer to RIF and expect progress there. For
the latter, we've at least sketched out a clear extension model and
thus have made room for coordinated evolution there as well.