RE: [Fwd: Re: Invitation for review of POWDER documents (Last Call)]

Hm, I now also believe that it should really be "some" instead of "all".
But, huh, this really isn't obvious from the text there!

I believe the idea is that every resource r may or may not have a property
hasIRI, telling the resource's IRI, e.g.

  ex:foo wdrs:hasIRI "http://www.example.org/foo"^^xsd:anyURI

Now, the "some" restriction exactly captures all those resources r that on
the one hand have such a hasIRI property attached, and where on the other
hand the value of that property equals one of the strings matching the
regular expression PATTERN.

On the contrary, the "all" restriction would also capture all those
resources that do not have a hasIRI property attached at all. Certainly not
what they want.

I suggest that we ask them to clarify the intended meaning of "hasIRI". I
also believe that the semantic condition presented in §4.6 is broken, see my
today's private comment (it's mainly on section §4.3, but the problem is
basically the same):

  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-powderwg/2009Apr/0012.html>

>peter

Michael

>From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
>Subject: [Fwd: Re: Invitation for review of POWDER documents (Last
>Call)]
>Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:23:32 +0200
>
>> My intention is to answer 'yes' to all the points, ie, that the WG is
>> satisfied. Any objections to that?
>>
>> Ivan

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
Email: michael.schneider@fzi.de
WWW  : http://www.fzi.de/michael.schneider
Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts, Az 14-0563.1, RP Karlsruhe
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. Rudi Studer