Review/revision of Document Overview

From: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:42:11 +0100
To: W3C OWL Working Group <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
The document looks to be in pretty good shape. I agree with (and have
already implemented) most of the suggestions made by Peter [1].

I think that we should additionally:

- Delete "Ontologies are formalized vocabularies of terms, often
covering a specific domain and shared by a community of users. They
specify the definitions of terms by describing their relationships
with other terms in the ontology." from the introduction -- seems
neither necessary nor particularly useful.

- Rename Section 3 "Relationship to OWL 1" (avoids negative
connotations of "differences").

- Keep the whole document, and Section 3 in particular, as short as
possible. It should not include any significant original content or
anything remotely technical. I believe that in its current form it
satisfies these constraints.

As one of the (de facto) editors of this document I agree with and
have already implemented my suggestions :-). Of course I can always
un-implement them if anyone objects.

Ian

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2009Mar/0542.html