Fwd: Use of owl:versionInfo to record ontology version IRI in RDF

Dear OWL,

Matthew Horridge found an 'unwanted feature' in the current spec when
implementing it in the OWL API [1], see message below. This was
discussed with Boris, who suggested:

"I see that http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/#versionInfo-def says that
the value
should be a string. I guess this wouldn't be that difficult to change:
we could
have something like owl:versionURI in OWL 2. "

I guess we should do this sooner rather than later?

Cheers, Uli

[1] http://owlapi.sourceforge.net/

Begin forwarded message: