rdf:list vocabulary

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 18:26:00 -0400
To: OWL Working Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

I'm wondering whether we should consider removing our reliance on
rdf:list vocabulary for the serialization of OWL and instead make it
available for modeling in OWL. This would enable a class of RDF that
is currently inaccessible for reasoning in OWL to be productively
used. The downside is that we lose some the (relative) conciseness of
using rdf:parsetype=collection in our RDF serializations.

Given the choice of making the RDF more compact, versus making more
native RDF possible to reason over using OWL, I think I'd lean to the
latter. After all, we will have the OWL XML syntax if length of
serialization is our primary concern.

Thoughts?

-Alan