Re: [Full] another minor issue with OWL Full/ rdfs:Datatype vs owl:DataRange

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 03:47:57 -0400 (EDT)
To: jjc@hpl.hp.com
Cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org

I don't think that the rationale was that owl:DataRange was a synonym
for rdfs:Datatype, just that there was no reason not to make it a
synonym.

The OWL Full semantics allows for lots and lots of data ranges, both
finite and infinite, and doesn't require them to belong to
rdfs:Datatype.  I believe that the OWL 2 Full semantics could easily
define owl:DataRange to be equivalent to rdfs:Datatype, with no real
change to how data ranges or data types work.

peter