ISSUE-104 (disallowed vocabulary): OWL 1.1 DL does not have a disallowed vocabulary

From: OWL Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:55:00 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-104 (disallowed vocabulary): OWL 1.1 DL does not have a disallowed vocabulary

http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/

Raised by: Michael Schneider
On product:

The old OWL spec contained a list of "disallowed vocabulary":

  <http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-semantics/mapping.html#4.2>

In order to be a valid OWL-1.0-DL ontology in RDF graph form, an RDF graph was not allowed to contain certain RDF and OWL vocabulary in wrong positions of an RDF triple. For example, the following RDF graph was not OWL-DL:

  G1 := {
    rdf:type owl:equivalentClass owl:onProperty .
  }

However, I do not see from the 1.1-WDs why this is not an allowed OWL-1.1-DL ontology. There is clearly a mapping from G1 to 1.1-functional syntax:

  EquivalentClasses( rdf:type owl:onProperty )

The question is: Is it intended to allow graphs such as G1 to be valid OWL-1.1-DL ontologies?

(Remark: In this specific example, it looks to me that 'rdf:type' and 'owl:onProperty' are both punned into classes.)