Proposal to close ISSUE-78: OWL-Lite as EL++

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:27:29 -0400
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org

[originally sent as Issue 75, which was a typo]

Additionally, I have tried to speak more clearly, in response to
comments by Peter, and discussion with Ivan/Ian.

Issue 78 asks whether we should *name* EL++ "OWL Lite".  My
understanding was that the WG had agreed, in principle, that we would
leave OWL Lite as is, pending verification that it would still work
as it used to when interpreted under OWL 1.1 DL Semantics. We would
note that it was unchanged (and perhaps deprecated) somehow - either
by a short WG Note, or in some other manner.

This means that OWL Lite, as a name, can't be repurposed to name EL+
+. Even if you don't agree with the above disposition of OWL Lite, I
suggest that reusing the name will lead to unnecessary confusion, and
that we should therefore close this issue, as rejected.

-Alan