Re: Question about problems with top/bottom property

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:51:43 +0100
Cc: "'Rinke Hoekstra'" <hoekstra@uva.nl>, "'Ivan Herman'" <ivan@w3.org>, "'Alan Ruttenberg'" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, "'Michael Schneider'" <schneid@fzi.de>, <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
To: "Boris Motik" <boris.motik@comlab.ox.ac.uk>

Here's an ontology encoding TopProp and BotProp:
	<http://owl.cs.manchester.ac.uk/repository/download?ontology=http://
owl.cs.manchester.ac.uk/repository/download?ontology%
3Dtopbotprop.owl&version=0&format=RDF/XML>

There's various funky behaviors I'm getting (with Pellet at least; I
can't get fact++ to work) depending on the encoding and what I ask of
it. Matthew is setting up an experiment to test, over the repository,
the effect of importing this ontology.

This probably will set some sort of reasonable upper bound on
performance since I would expect that such an encoding to be at least
somewhat worse than a direct implementation.

I'd be happy for this to be a test case as well...it does stress the
property reasoning bits.

I'll note that Protege4 will make unsat properties red. So, arguably,
we don't necessarily need a bottom property to collect them (and we
could achieve it with other UI tricks). But anyway.