Re: An approach to xsd:dateTime

I can live with applications - any of them - editors, reasoners,
application specific programs, etc - that augment their representation
to increase the granularity.
two resistance points that i expect are:
a - I am not sure though if there will be a way to represent if one was
putting in UTC +0 if that is a default that the application put in or if
that was actually the time zone that is explicitly known.
b - in some applications that know only coarse granularity information
and have a very large amount of data, adding what is essentially default
information that may not be used could make a difference in space
requirements.
for example, some applications like astronomy applications, generate
very large amounts of data that is time stamped and as long as
everything is in the same relative time frame, they would prefer not to
add the extra encoding requirement.