RE: ISSUE-114 [RE: Teleconference.2008.07.09/Agenda]

Sorry, I won't do this. The issue has been opened, so I don't see it as my
"personal item" anymore (if it ever was at all), but is in the process of
being resolved by the WG. And there are other people around who are now
interested in this issue.

In general, I don't like the idea that an issue raiser may stop a resolution
process by simply withdrawing it (except short after raising it and coming
aware that it is kind of nonsensical, or redundant). I had once this same
idea of withdrawing an issue at the F2F2, but luckily, it didn't go this
way. I won't do this anymore again. I regard the issue raiser as a messenger
in the first place, not as an owner, who can do with this issue whatever he
wants. For example, I don't see a problem with raising an issue on behalf of
someone else, or when it was settled in a telco to raise a specific issue,
but no one does so afterwards. It would certainly not be a proper step to
withdraw such an issue afterwards in this case.