Undiscussed DL-Lite Changes: SameIndividuals out, UNA + Functional Properties in

From: Michael Smith <msmith@clarkparsia.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 13:05:42 -0400
To: public-owl-wg <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

In the last telecon, during discussion of easy keys [1], it was stated
that UNA applied to the DL-Lite profile, which I questioned.  This was
not the case at F2F2, so I referenced the document history.

In a series of edits to the profile doc ´╗┐on 2008-05-14, SameIndividual
axioms were removed from the DL-Lite profile, and the UNA was added
along with functional property axioms.  I'd like these changes to be
discussed by the WG, perhaps with comment on why they were initially
made without discussion.

My opinion -- influenced largely by discussions at F2F2 -- is that (1)
SameIndividual axioms are a more desirable feature than functional
properties and (2) a profile of OWL with the UNA is problematic.

This conversation is relevant now because (I believe) the applicability
of easy keys to DL-Lite is dependent on the UNA.

Thanks,
--
Mike Smith

Clark & Parsia