question about annotations

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:16:39 +0000
To: "Web Ontology Language ((OWL)) Working Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

During the discussion yesterday I got a bit confused about say the
following set of triples in OWL 1.1

eg:c rdf:type owl:Class .
eg:c eg:dp "A string" .

=====

If I put these two triples through an OWL 1.0 'make it DL patch-up'
program, I would get

eg:dp rdf:type owl:AnnotationProperty .

If I put these through an OWL 1.1 (with punning) 'make it DL patch-up'
maybe I should get

eg:dp owl:DataProperty .

with eg:c being punned as a class and an individual.

This would suggest that no annotations are needed at all in OWL 1.1 -
and then I get confused because we have discussions about annotations.

=====

Please clarify, are there annotations on entities in OWL 1.1, and if so,
why?

Jeremy