Re: proposal to close (as RESOLVED) ISSUE-90 (class and property deprecation)

On Jan 23, 2008, at 10:42 PM, Jim Hendler wrote:

> So for what it is worth, as usual, I have exactly the opposite
> opinion on this as Peter - I think we should close this by leaving
> deprecateion as it is -- yes it is little used, but we did have
> support from it from some developers in OWL 1.0

Hi Jim,

It would be of interest to be able to cite actual support and usage.
In the meeting none present could remember seeing any, which is why we
suggested that Peter write up the proposal (we suggested his option 1
so as to not add insult to injury by having it be that someone who
happened to have the non-semantic use of deprecation wouldn't be
dunned with a push into OWL Full solely for this offense).

But if you could dig up some evidence of actual use, it would bolster
the case that there is indeed someone who would be affected by this.

Regards,

-Alan