Re: ISSUE-94 (n-ary constucts and RDF): Problem with roundtripping when going from functional-style syntax into RDF and back

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:34:08 +0000
Cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>

On 23 Jan 2008, at 10:56, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> SUMMARY:
>
> Round-tripping from the functional-style syntax through RDF/XML is not
> possible in general, so there is no sense in trying to make it
> possible
> in general.

[snip]

Let's grant this. It still seems to make sense to make the common
cases and the vast majority straightforward and roundtrippable. I
take the right conclusion to draw is not to get wildly hung up in the
corner cases and that the trade off between roundtripping and
avoiding vocabulary bloat weighs a bit more toward avoiding that one
might have a priori thought (not that it was insignificant before, by
anymeans)