Re: Proposal and Test cases (Re: skolems: visible differences?)

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:06:35 -0500
Cc: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>, OWL Working Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
On Jan 16, 2008, at 10:08 AM, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> in summary, not in favour of Skolemized semantics; but in favour of
> Skolemizing implementations.

I don't think we have to say anything about implementations, do we?
The job of implementors is to make their systems respect the
semantics. What they do under the covers to accomplish that is their
business.

The issue on the table is whether to change the semantics, and I hear
your objection, though think it merits further discussion (which I
see is being pursued).

-Alan