ISSUE-93 (Language tags): RFC 3066 - Tags for the Identification of Languages

From: OWL Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:47:17 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-93 (Language tags): RFC 3066 - Tags for the Identification of Languages

http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/

Raised by: Ian Horrocks
On product:

Dear OWL WG,

In glancing at [1] in response to your recent transition request, I noticed that you have a reference to RFC 3066. This RFC was superseded by RFC 4646 (and should be referenced as BCP 47, to prevent it becoming stale in the future).

I also note that this reference isn't used anywhere in the document, which is a little surprising, since I would expect that some of the axioms to be language specific or allow for language specificity (in which case you'll need language tags).

Note: this is a personal comment and not (at least not yet) an official comment of the I18N Core WG.

Best Regards,

Addison

--
Addison Phillips