Re: ISSUE-3 and SPARQL

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:39:44 +0000
To: "Web Ontology Language ((OWL)) Working Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

With DL-Lite the relationship with SPARQL is distinctly non-academic.
Both are intended to be implementable over databases, and it makes sense
to implement SPARQL over DL-Lite over triple-store over database.

Since DL-Lite is defined from OWL 1.1 DL, then we run the risk that
answers from

SPARQL over triple-store over database.

become false over

SPARQL over DL-Lite over triple-store over database.

(I am happy to be corrected if this is not the case; I am not expert in
any of the technologies mentioned in this message!)

Jeremy