Re: more FPWDs?

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:56:50 +0000
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
CC: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, public-owl-wg@w3.org

Bijan Parsia wrote:
> On 27 Feb 2008, at 14:43, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>
>> Inter-op would argue for an XSLT 1.0 transform that probably can be
>> done, but it may be easier to have an XSLT 2.0 transform.
>
> Thinking about it, the trickiest bit will be dealing with URIs and
> CURIEs. Having to write a relative URI resolver will be annoying (but
> it's been done...there are RDF/XML parsers in XSLT)

It is easiest if we can leave relative URIs as relative. If we have to
do major amounts of URI processing then I would advocate XSLT2 which has
some support.

CURIEs could be an issue :(

I think I did write some code for them, once upon a time; and presumably
Fabien's RDFa code does something with them too.

>> I tend to agree with Bijan's judgement that in principle this is
>> possible (although I would expect corner cases which don't work, e.g.
>> a property http://example.org/000)
> [snip]
>
> Well, this is a case where the RDF/XML can't rep it anyway, so that's
> fine (or, rather, an instance of a known limitation of the target format).

Known limitations strike me as OK. We would be doing very well if the
only limitations are imposed by RDF/XML.

Jeremy