Re: more FPWDs?

On 27 Feb 2008, at 14:23, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
[snip]
> Do we know whether a semantics-preserving transform for OWL ontologies
> from OWL/XML to RDF/XML is within the capabilities of GRDDL?

I think it's reasonable to think there is. GRDDL, as I understand it,
merely indicates the transform but doesn't prescribe the formalism
(or program) that does the transform. Thus, in principle you could
describe the transform arbitrarily. Canonically (and most usefully)
however, it would be better to have an XSLT sheet. That clearly can
do the transform.

> If we advertise that the transform is coming and then fail to
> produce it
> we will most likely have quite a bit of explaining to do.

I don't think it's particularly difficult since the OWL/XML wouldn't
require pulling pieces from all over. You could write the templates
almost directly off the reverse translation rules. I, in fact,
started this back in march but other things took over.