Re: more FPWDs? (was Re: Possible new public working draft?)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:12:15 +0000
To: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>
CC: public-owl-wg@w3.org

Michael Schneider wrote:

> Can you please elaborate on this point? Personally, I do not know much about
> GRDDL, and in particular I do not understand how GRDDL relates to the
> OWL/XML serialization.

GRDDL allows a transform (usually written in XSLT) to be associated with
either a specific XML document, or via a namespace document, with an XML
namespace.

This transform takes XML documents with root elements in that namespace
as input, and as output gives an RDF/XML document.

Hence, implementing the mapping rules as XSLT, and using GRDDL would
illustrate the relationship between the OWL/XML syntax, the functional
syntax, the graph syntax and RDF/XML.

Jeremy