From: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 19:41:19 +0000
To: Web Ontology Language ((OWL)) Working Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

I want to follow up on Wednesday's telecon discussion, and determine
how best to operationalise our (very) provisional decisions on

What I believe that we need is a new document that defines the
(proposed) rec-track fragments. This document should define the
syntax of the "scalable schema" (EL++ like) and "scalable data" (DL-
Lite like) fragments, and the syntax and semantics of the "rules"
fragment (DLP/OWL-Prime like). My understanding is that for the first
two we only need syntax restrictions (the semantics are the same as
for OWL 1.1 DL) and in the latter case we need syntax restrictions on
the DL side (DLP) and a well defined semantics on the RDF side.