RE: Anonymous individuals (again!)

Hello,

Assume that you have the following ABox:

(1) R(a, _:x1)
(2) S(b, _:x1)
(3) T(_:x3, _:x1)

The global restrictions ensure that anonymous individuals occur in tree-shaped assertions, which is the case here.

Now you can eliminate these assertions by replacing these three assertions with the following one:

(4) \exists R.[(\exists S^-.{ b }) \sqcap (\exists T^-.\top)](a)

The problem is, however, that assertions containing anonymous individuals can be arbitrarily oriented; hence, you might need inverse
roles for rolling up. Since inverse roles are not available in OWL 2 EL, you can't make this encoding, which is why I thought one
cannot handle the damn thing in OWL 2 EL.

I'm open to suggestions if you have some other idea.

Regards,

	Boris