Re: ISSUE-119 (russell paradox): OWL 2 Full may become inconsistent due to self restrictions

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:25:02 +0100
To: OWL Working Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

OWL Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> ISSUE-119 (russell paradox): OWL 2 Full may become inconsistent due to self restrictions

Essentially this duplicates ISSUE-117. I suggest we only take one of
them forward, and I am neutral as to which.  (Although I prefer the term
schneider paradox to russell paradox. I see the former as the relevant
specialization of the latter, and the latter is solved, whereas the
former is not. Moreover the schneider paradox is a variation on the
patel-schneider paradox ...)

Jeremy