links between documents (was Re: revised publication schedule)

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 15:34:25 -0400
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org

> Can I just do direct links to the other documents from the primer, or
> do I have to set up the ref thing.

Direct links are fine.   For instance, if Primer links to

    http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Profiles#OWL-R

wikisnapper will re-write that to

    http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/draft/ED-owl2-profiles-20080408/#OWL-R

while drafting, and to

    http://www.w3.org/2008/TR/ED-owl2-profiles-20080408/#OWL-R

or whatever, when we publish for real.

(the {{ref}} template is only for maintaining a Reference section.)

> (I guess that the latter is what's supported with the templates...but
> I hate going through the reference section just to look at a related
> document, esp. in a user doc.)

Agreed -- I think direct links between documents are great.

     -- Sandro