Re: the term "fragments"

I am, actually, in favour...

Maybe an additional data point: the term 'profile' has already been in
use for other W3C specs, with very similar goals. Eg, there SVG (which
is a really bulky, big recommendation) and there is SVG Mobile, which is
defined as a profile[1], with the goal to reduce SVG in size and
complexity to fit into a shoebox, ie, a mobile device. There is also an
XHTML+SMIL Profile[2] (although it is a Note, not a Rec) that contains a
reduced SMIL to work well with XHTML; a CSS Mobile Profile[3], a subset
of CSS2.1...

Ie, there is a certain precedence for the term... and, as Sandro says,
it is not exciting, but hey...

Ivan

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/XHTMLplusSMIL/