Re: OWL DL and OWL Full

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:06:30 +0000
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org

Peter observed:
[[
PS: I note that some of the press about Twine mentions OWL, without any
      modifier.  Perhaps you should address your words to the Twine
      people as well.
]]

I would guess press releases are written in a different language than
the one we try to communicate with in this group.

:)

I suppose more seriously we probably all want to have press releases
that use "OWL" without qualification. This can be achieved either by:

- there being 'victory' for one side or the other, so that OWL is
unambiguous
- there being interop between OWL DL and OWL Full, so that at the press
release level the distinctions are not too important.

I have a strong preference for the latter.

Jeremy