Re: comments on RDF mapping

Hi Jeremy,

My understanding is that the intention is not to provide a way to get
around the univocity of a URI. Rather, some aspects of making that
work are not currently known to be decidable, so a compromise is
offered  insofar as some entailments that would be theoretically
desired are skipped, in order to make progress towards a shared goal.

I wonder whether we can make some fixes to address cases such as the
one you point out, particularly when there is no impact on
decidability. So perhaps we could consider, in this case, abandoning
the distinction between subObjectPropertyOf and subDataPropertyOf so
that a subProperty assertion applies to both kinds.

There will still be an issue with property chains. But I wonder what
you think about the general strategy: Making it clear in the
documentation that we discourage use of punning to get around
univocity, that current behavior that allows this may disappear in
future versions of OWL, and patching, to the extent that is feasible
without new theoretical work, the current spec in the way that I
suggest above.

As a meta point, could we stay away from statements of the sort :
"i.e. punning is an unhelpful idea."? I don't think it is helpful, as
there are clearly situations where other people do think it is
helpful. Let's instead focus on making things work as best we can.

-Alan