Re: Publication proposal discussion summary

On 24 Oct 2007, at 15:57, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
[snip]
> [[
> 	B) People expressed the desire for more group review before
> publishing anything. The consequential benefits haven't been clearly
> enumerated to my ken.
> ]]
>
> Jim argued this most effectively - this is the normal W3C WG
> process, and there is nothing so strange about this WG that we
> should behave differently.

That's not a consequential benefit. It would be helpful if you were a
little more careful in your reading.

> As an example to do with the semantics doc. HP has a view that the
> n-ary datatypes design (which I guess is in that doc) is broken. We
> have stated this on a number of occassions. Currently that does not
> seem to be in an issue list,

A simple query of the issue list reveals:
	http://code.google.com/p/owl1-1/issues/detail?id=12

This is a very minimal piece of research. I.e., go to the owl wg home
page:
	http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/OWL_Working_Group

Under "inputs" click "Issues" then "issues list" to get to:
	http://code.google.com/p/owl1-1/issues/list

Then search for "n-ary".

It would also be helpful if you were a little less bold with
unresearched claims. Esp. ones that suggest that people have been
unresponsive to issues that you've raised.

[snip]
> [[
> H) I got another email stating that WDs should either reflect the
> state of consensus or be clearly labeled as lacking that.
> ]]
>
> I hadn't realised there was a proposal not to do this.
[snip]

There wasn't. The person just enumerated their general positions.

Generally, I mark proposals with the word "Proposal".