Re: postponed issues (was Re: Agenda for teleconference Wednesday October 24, 2007)

From: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:42:18 +0100
Cc: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.rpi.edu>, public-owl-wg@w3.org
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>

I switched to raise because this seemed to be consistent with past
usage (see, e.g., WebOnt issues list [1]), and because propose sounds
to much like PROPOSED. My proposal (oops) is that issues be *raised*
and subsequently either *accepted* or *rejected*. Once accepted, an
issue becomes *open* until it has been *resolved* by the WG. As I
understand it, all open issues will need to be resolved eventually,
even if the resolution is only to postpone them. I would, however,
welcome an official ruling on all this from Sandro.

Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html