Re: postponed issues (was Re: Agenda for teleconference Wednesday October 24, 2007)

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:30:52 +0100
Cc: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.rpi.edu>, public-owl-wg@w3.org
To: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>

On Oct 23, 2007, at 4:23 PM, Ian Horrocks wrote:

> We discussed this in the first teleconf [1] and agreed that, rather
> than migrating these (probably mostly irrelevant) issues, WG
> members who want to champion an issue from the WebOnt list should
> simply raise an appropriate new issue.

Argh. Here I go nitpicking. Ian, you've written "raise" an issue
several times today. In the telecon we talked about proposing issues
(say, in the google code issue list) and the fact that chairs have
discretion about which proposed issues are "raised". (This is
Sandro's distinction. In my lexicon, raise = sandro:propose and open
= sandro:raise.)

This is important because only chairs can sandro:raise/open issues
and they are not required to sandro:raise/open all issues that the WG
participants raise/sandro:propose.

Can we pick a terminology and stick with it? :)