Re: comments on RDF mapping

The motivation for properties such as subObjectPropertyOf is not
related to punning. The idea is to facilitate parsing/species
validation by enforcing strong typing. For example, it is illegal in
OWL DL for a datatype property to be a subProperty of an object
property, but when parsing a <P subPropertyOf S> triple, the types of
P and S may not be known. As a result, not only will a decision on
the species of the ontology need to be postponed, but it becomes
dependent on a (relatively) complex and non-local condition, i.e.,
that P and S are either both datatype properties or both object
properties.

Ian