editing documents in a wiki

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:53:56 -0400 (EDT)
To: alanruttenberg@gmail.com
Cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Subject: Postponed agenda items
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:53:05 -0400

[...]

> Should we edit the documents inside the wiki? (html, or wiki markup?)
>
> -Alan

Well, I'm still not completely sure whether the wiki will support full
HTML, and how easy it is to edit significant documents within the WIKI.
(All I know about editing within a WIKI is that I'm sure not going to do
it by using Firefox editing.)

If I can't easily extract the contents of a document section, move it to
another editor (EMACS), edit it there, and then update the document
section, then I'm casting a very firm vote against having our documents
in the WIKI.   Note that the round-trip has to be able to produce
wrapped lines for editing and then not produce diffs related to this
wrapping, unwrapping, or re-wrapping, or any artifacts of the wrapping.

I also need to be able to produce off-line versions of the document
easily and faithfully.

peter