user names for the OWL wiki

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:16:49 -0400 (EDT)
To: mak@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de
Cc: alanruttenberg@gmail.com, public-owl-wg@w3.org

From: Markus Krötzsch <mak@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Subject: Re: Introductions
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:21:18 +0200

[...]

> I am rather sure that MediaWiki supports spaces, accents, and in fact most
> Unicode characters in user names. At least I have dozens of MW-logins with my
> true name. This is also the case for article titles. So we actually could
> just use the natural spelling for everything (for complicated spellings,
> MediaWiki's redirect pages can help others to find the correct page anyway,
> even if their keyboard lacks some symbols).
>
> Markus

Yes, the current version of MediaWiki does a very good job of supporting
non-ASCII characters.  I like the suggestion of using the natural
spelling of members names, with spaces, accents, etc., included.

peter

PS: Is there any reason why some participant links point to pages that
are not User: pages?  Perhaps these participants are not really users
but are instead bots!  :-)