Re: ISSUE-67 (reification): REPORTED: use of reification in mapping rules is unwise

I'd have to say that on principal I'm against anything having a
realization in the structural specification but not in the RF form.
In fact, I'd argue for the reverse, anything not realizable in the
RDF realization should not be included in the structural spec <em> as
part of the standard </em> - I have no objection to the advocates of
the structural form publishing some kind of notes outside the W3C
process advocating and using some extensions - but I think the W3C
rec needs to be consistent across these things - (you'll notice I've
softened my position from saying the structural spec is harmful and
shouldn't be included at all :-) )

On Nov 21, 2007, at 6:40 AM, Boris Motik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't want to get into an argument here whether this is really
> needed or not; however, I wanted to point out that I spoke to quite
> a few people asking for the annotation of axioms.
>
> There is yet another solution: we might have axiom annotations in
> the structural specification, but then disallow (or simply delete
> them) when the ontology is exported into OWL RDF.
>
> 	Boris

it?." - Albert Einstein

Tetherless World Constellation Chair
Computer Science Dept