Re: unnamed datatypes in RDF/XML

From: Michael Smith <msmith@clarkparsia.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:15:07 -0500
To: public-owl-wg <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 21:44 +0000, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/XSDinRDFXML

> I try to iilustrate an OWL 1.0 restriction on a datarange defined using
> an in-line unnamed  XML Schema datatype.

Thanks, this was helpful.

To summarize some findings,

Serializing XML Schema directly into RDF/XML causes problems, and could
present problems in the OWL to RDF mapping.  The serialization problems
do not prevent reusing XML Schema syntax because

+ the problems are not present if the datatype is a restriction on an
XSD built-in datatype

+ for other datatypes, these problems can be worked around with some
OWL-specific, artificially introduced attributes in appropriate
namespaces, as you describe in [1]

--
Mike Smith

Clark & Parsia