Re: XML Schema datatypes

Hi all,

Interesting discussions. Some comments:

1) Mathematical datatypes and XML Schema datatypes are both
needed.

2) There exists a common subset of the two kinds of datatypes,
including xsd:Integer.

3) It might be an idea to consider additional mathematical
datatypes such as owl:real and owl:rational. The lexical forms of
these datatypes might need some work and discussions.

4) For rounded datatypes, users don't actually consider precise
equivalence, but approximate equivalence [1] instead, such as type
promotions used in XPath 2.0 [2]. Before using values of rounded
datatypes in reasoning, one might want to transform them back to
unrounded datatypes first.

Greetings,
Jeff

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-xsch-datatypes/#sec-use-sparql