ISSUE-5: n-ary datatypes - use cases ISSUE-53

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:14:48 +0000
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-53
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/53

is also a relevant usecase for n-ary datatypes.
[[
I need the ability to say something like:
Patient that (testdate > enrollmentdate + 60)

Was trying to represent the following inclusion criteria in a clinical
trial:

The patient must have negative gadolinium based MRI of the contralateral
breast, no more than 6 months prior to study entry.
]]

I am curious as to whether this can be met without defining a class of
patients with this property. e.g. is preprocessing adequate, or maybe a
posthoc SPARQL query of some results - rather than a declarative
definition of a class of patients based on a numeric computation.

Jeremy