Re: Fragments - specific proposal

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Ivan Herman wrote:

> Carsten Lutz wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Jim Hendler wrote:
>>
>>> 2 - RDFS 3.0
>>> I propose we name a subset called RDFS 3.0 which is less than OWL Lite
>>> - aimed primarily at universals - i.e. named classes and properties,
>>> no restriction statements involved.
>>> There should be a version of this which is provably polynomial within
>>> certain restrictions (at least no redefinition of the language
>>> features, possibly
>>
>> Then it would IMHO be appropriate if some of the supporters of RDFS
>> 3.0 would state precisely what this tractable fragment is and prove
>> that it is tractable. Otherwise, I feel I am discussing a ghost.
>>

> I think Jim refers to:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Fragments
>
> which posted some times ago.

Thanks, I know that page. But to me Jim's remark doesn't sound as if
referring to that page.  He says that "There should be a version of
this which is provably polynomial". Since I think that polynomiality
is a very important property for fragments of OWL, I would like to
understand what precisely that version is. Is it the one on the page
you refer to? If not, what exactly does it look like?

greetings,
 		Carsten

--
*      Carsten Lutz, Institut f"ur Theoretische Informatik, TU Dresden       *
*     Office phone:++49 351 46339171   mailto:lutz@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de     *