Re: new topic: Should Closed World Assumption(CWA) and Open World Assumption(OWA) be integrated?

From: Pascal Hitzler <pascal.hitzler@wright.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 20:16:32 -0400
To: duanyucong <duanyucong@hotmail.com>
Cc: public-owl-dev@w3.org
Check on literature concerning local closed world semantics for
description logics. That's exactly about combining OWA and CWA. You'll
find quite a bit.

Just some pointers - the first two contain good related work sections:

Adila Alfa Krisnadhi, Frederick Maier, Pascal Hitzler
OWL and Rules.
In: A. Polleres, C. d'Amato, M. Arenas, S. Handschuh, P. Kroner, S.
Ossowski, P.F. Patel-Schneider (eds.), Reasoning Web. Semantic
Technologies for the Web of Data. 7th International Summer School 2011,
Galway, Ireland, August 23-27, 2011, Tutorial Lectures. Lecture Notes in
Computer Science Vol. 6848, Springer, Heidelberg, 2011.
To appear.

Adila Krisnadhi, Kunal Sengupta, Pascal Hitzler
Local Closed World Semantics: Keep it simple, stupid!
In: Riccardo Rosati, Sebastian Rudolph, Michael Zakharzaschev,
Proceedings of the 2011 International Workshop on Description Logics
(DL2011), Barcelona, Spain, July 2011. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol.
745, pp. 532-542.

Kunal Sengupta, Adila Krisnadhi, Pascal Hitzler
Local Closed World Reasoning: Grounded Circumscription for OWL.
In: Proceedings ISWC2011.
To appear.

Stephan Grimm, Pascal Hitzler
Semantic Matchmaking of Web Resources with Local Closed-World Reasoning.
International Journal of e-Commerce 12 (2), 89-126, Winter 2007-8.

- in these papers you also find pointers to work by others on this
topic. The papers are available from my homepage
http://www.pascal-hitzler.de/ , but it's down for maintenance this
weekend. Send me an email if you want the pdfs earlier.

Pascal.

--
Prof. Dr. Pascal Hitzler
Dept. of Computer Science, Wright State University, Dayton, OH