Re: new topic: Should Closed World Assumption(CWA) and Open World Assumption(OWA) be integrated?

Check on literature concerning local closed world semantics for
description logics. That's exactly about combining OWA and CWA. You'll
find quite a bit.

Just some pointers - the first two contain good related work sections:

Adila Alfa Krisnadhi, Frederick Maier, Pascal Hitzler
OWL and Rules.
In: A. Polleres, C. d'Amato, M. Arenas, S. Handschuh, P. Kroner, S.
Ossowski, P.F. Patel-Schneider (eds.), Reasoning Web. Semantic
Technologies for the Web of Data. 7th International Summer School 2011,
Galway, Ireland, August 23-27, 2011, Tutorial Lectures. Lecture Notes in
Computer Science Vol. 6848, Springer, Heidelberg, 2011.
To appear.

Adila Krisnadhi, Kunal Sengupta, Pascal Hitzler
Local Closed World Semantics: Keep it simple, stupid!
In: Riccardo Rosati, Sebastian Rudolph, Michael Zakharzaschev,
Proceedings of the 2011 International Workshop on Description Logics
(DL2011), Barcelona, Spain, July 2011. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol.
745, pp. 532-542.

Kunal Sengupta, Adila Krisnadhi, Pascal Hitzler
Local Closed World Reasoning: Grounded Circumscription for OWL.
In: Proceedings ISWC2011.
To appear.

Stephan Grimm, Pascal Hitzler
Semantic Matchmaking of Web Resources with Local Closed-World Reasoning.
International Journal of e-Commerce 12 (2), 89-126, Winter 2007-8.

- in these papers you also find pointers to work by others on this
topic. The papers are available from my homepage
http://www.pascal-hitzler.de/ , but it's down for maintenance this
weekend. Send me an email if you want the pdfs earlier.

Pascal.

--
Prof. Dr. Pascal Hitzler
Dept. of Computer Science, Wright State University, Dayton, OH