Re: class and inviduals

On 23 November 2010 12:52, Sebastian Rudolph
<sebastian.rudolph@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 23.11.2010 um 12:45 schrieb Bijan Parsia:
>
>> On 23 Nov 2010, at 10:39, Sebastian Rudolph wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Bijan,
>>>
>>> I resend this to you personally, as my mail to the list didn't get through for some reason. Feel free to share...
>>
>> Will do.
>>
>>> Best,
>>>  Sebastian
>> [snip]

Yes, and actually I should mention that I mainly did the
implementation and the encoding is due to Sebastian.

>> Yep! Sorry for not making that clearer. I forgot you were on the list.
>
> Never mind.

>> Ok, that's pretty cool. I didn't think you could implement Hilog semantics with a preprocessing step.
>
> It's a bit "hacky" but it works. But only for classes, it fails for roles.
>

>> Oh, but the main difference is the stratification (maybe)? Hmm.
>>
>> Is the translator available or do I have to write it byhand?

Yes, see:
http://www.hermit-reasoner.com/2010/metamodeling/metamodeling.zip

The zip file contains all things needed to re-perform the experiments
and part for that is a class that takes an ontology and performs the
required preprocessing, see also the readme in the zip.

Birte

--
Dr. Birte Glimm, Room 309
Computing Laboratory