RE: OWL2 RL - conformance test question(s)

[asked to the OWL WG, but posted to OWL-DEV, so no need for a formal reply]

Hi Barry!

These are clearly not tests for the OWL 2 RL/RDF Rule language, they are
much too hard.

Here is an example for a test that is really intended for the RL Rules:

http://owl.semanticweb.org/page/Rdfbased-sem-restrict-somevalues-inst-subj

When you view the source code of this test, you will find the following line
at the end:

    rlrulescomplete=Yes

This is the indicator for those tests that are created for the RL Rules.

There has been a specific bulk download of only these tests in the past, but
it looks to me that it is broken now. On the right hand side of the test
homepage, you can find the link

    Tests for RL-RDF-rule reasoners

but it is empty.

You may play around with SMW queries yourself. But a quick shot would be to
simply hit the link to my name under "Top Contributors", which will give you
a list of tests that a colleague and I have contributed, and these tests
have all been created specifically for the RL rules.

You can also get a larger test suite, including all these tests, but also
tests concerning the different datatypes of OWL 2 RL (and a few more
aspects). Get our OWLED paper at [1]. It contains a download link in the
references. If you have any further questions about this test suite, feel
free to ask me privately.

Best,
Michael

[1] Michael Schneider and Kai Mainzer:
    A Conformance Test Suite for the OWL 2 RL/RDF Rules Language
    and the OWL 2 RDF-Based Semantics.
    <http://www.webont.org/owled/2009/papers/owled2009_submission_19.pdf>

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Information Process Engineering (IPE)