RE: Mapping to RDF Graphs and reification

From: Lansing, Jeff <jlansing@systechnologies.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:18:05 -0800
To: <public-owl-dev@w3.org>

Pat,

Interesting. Back in 2004 on www-rdf-comments you called them Latinate tags that came into use around 1300 (that's 700 years ago, not 2000 :).

More seriously, also at about that time or a bit earlier there was a distinction made between statings and statements that was supposed to help to understanding the semantics of reification; as I recall the idea was that reification was about a stating, not about a statement. Which seems to conflict with what you said today-- if I am understanding correctly -- that reification is about the proposition expressed by a statement.

Or am I totally confused?

Jeff