Re: Intersection of properties?

Michael Schneider schrieb:
> Two questions for my interest:
>
> Bijan Parsia wrote:
>
>> On Aug 3, 2008, at 7:58 PM, Jeff Thompson wrote:
>
>>> And yet, the argument against
>>> adding more expressiveness to OWL 2 (still decidable) is the fear
>>> that not enough people will implement it and so that "OWL 2 compliant"
>>> won't mean much.
>> What? The argument against boolean role boxes, in general, is that
>> it's relatively hard to do and there's been relatively little demand
>> for it.
>
> Question 1: Is sROIQ + role intersection known to be decidable?

Yes.

Sebastian Rudolph, Markus Krötzsch, Pascal Hitzler. Cheap Boolean Role
Constructors for Description Logics. To appear in Proc. JELIA2008.
<http://korrekt.org/page/DL_Role_Constructors>
<http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/sru/TR-RKH-bool-role.pdf>

Also, EL++ remains tractable with role conjunctions. Same reference.

Pascal.

--
PD Dr. Pascal Hitzler
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe (TH), 76128 Karlsruhe