RE: some x has only y

From: Swanson, Tim <tim.swanson@semanticarts.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:28:59 -0600
To: <public-owl-dev@w3.org>

> I think the following sentence is key:
>

> > This would require this (anonymous) concept to be satisfiable,
> >

> So how do we require that a class be satisfiable?

I should probably re-state this to be more precise. As I understand it, if a class is satisfiable, that means that it CAN have members. That is, any class that is not unsatisfiable is satisfiable.

What we are really talking about here is a class that DOES have members, even if we don't know what they are. I think this distinction is important somehow, but I'm still not exactly sure why.

-- Tim