W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-owl-dev@w3.org > April to June 2008

possible pellet bug involving the owl api and floats

From: Timothy Redmond <tredmond@stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 14:47:47 -0700
To: public-owl-dev@w3.org
Cc: protege@ontospace.net, Tania Tudorache <tudorache@stanford.edu>
Message-Id: <1212184067.8201.114.camel@smi-tredmond-li.stanford.edu>

I think that I have found a bug in pellet that only occurs when using
the owl api.  In the ontology float.owl, I believe that the individual
"a" should be inferred to be in the class "B".  In  fact if I run pellet
from the command line I get the following output:

 --- --- --- ---

[tredmond@smi-tredmond-li pellet-1.5.2]$ sh pellet.sh  -r -c -if
~/Shared/code/Test.p4/ontologies/float.owl
Input file: file:/home/tredmond/Shared/code/Test.p4/ontologies/float.owl
OWL Species: Lite
DL Expressivity: ALC(D)
Consistent: Yes
Time: 1316 ms (Loading: 1246 Species Validation: 36 Consistency: 19
Classification: 14 Realization: 1 )

Classification:

 owl:Thing
    classification_safety_reports:A
       classification_safety_reports:B -
(classification_safety_reports:a)


[tredmond@smi-tredmond-li pellet-1.5.2]$


 --- --- --- ---

Good enough - this is what I expect and it rules out things like a
stupid syntax error on my part.  But then I run the test program below I
don't seem to get the same result.  The individual "a" is not classified
to be in the class "B".  I used the baseline ontology to make sure that
I was using the pellet reasoner correctly and it seems like I am.

The test  program that I am sending expects to find the two ontologies
in a directory  called "ontologies".  Other than that I figure it will
just run in your  environment

-Timothy




Received on Friday, 30 May 2008 21:48:37 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 27 March 2013 09:32:56 GMT