Re: properties of properties and DL reasoners

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks,
the linked paper is interesting,
and then I am thinking I asked the wrong question ...

If I read about Pellet at say:
http://pellet.owldl.com/features
I find features such as
[[
Classification

Computes the subclass relations between every named class to create the
complete class hierarchy. The class hierarchy can be used to answer
queries such as getting all or only the direct subclasses of a class.

Realization

Finds the most specific classes that an individual belongs to; i.e.,
realization computes the direct types for each of the individuals.
Realization can only be performed after classification since direct
types are defined with respect to a class hierarchy. Using the
classification hierarchy, it is also possible to get all the types for
each individual.
]]
that correspond to say the if-and-only-if conditions on rdfs:subClassOf.
& Pellet, when doing these tasks, at some abstract level, spontaneously
generates/finds these relationships.

At least abstractly we could do a "Propertification" that arranges the
properties in their hierarchy too, by for every pair p,q of properties
asking Pellet if an ontology O entails (p subPropertyOf q), and this
could be, in principle, annotated with inverseOf links, and Functional,
IFP, Symmetric, Transitive labels ...

It doesn't feel useful though!

Jeremy