properties of properties and DL reasoners

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 12:23:52 +0100
To: public-owl-dev@w3.org

I've being looking in depth at the OWL 1 Full semantics (again, sigh) ...

I note that the classes of properties (FP,IFP, SP, TP) and the inverseOf
property all have iff definitions. These correspond to the conditions in
the direct semantics.

Is it the case that DL reasoners can actually answer entailment
questions depending on this e.g.

If C is a class consisting of a singleton, and p is a property with
domain and range C, then we necessarily have that p is in FP, IFP, SP
and TP and that p is its own inverse.
Moreover if q also has domain and range p, and both q and p are non
empty then they are equivalentProperties, and also each others inverse.

Do DL reasoners answer these sorts of question?

Ta

Jeremy